Sunday 12 April 2015

Sunday's Rocksmith activity

Ok, I know that custom DLC (downloadable content) for Rocksmith goes against the grain - copyright infringements etc, but as everyone else is at it, I'll have some of that!

This morning I've been on a mission to improve some of my high scores. First off was Summertime by Janis Joplin.

Still a bit of work to do to get to 100%. There are a few tricky sections in there. I still stand by my view that bass players in the Sixties and Seventies did a much better job than those of today. 



Next up was Rikki Don't Lose That Number by Steely Dan. Emanhall and Toddwohlrabe are two of my "Rocksmith Yardsticks". If I can get close to these two, then I consider that I've done pretty well.






One of my favourite basslines is "Diamonds In The Mine" by Leonard Cohen. This is one of Aludog's CDLCs. Whenever Aludog posts new CDLC, you know that a) it's probably some gem you've not come across before and b) it's going to be good:

I still haven't hit 100% on this one and it's difficult to see where I'm missing out.



A favourite Elton John song is "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting". Again, I haven't managed 100% on this one as there are a couple of tricky sections along the way.









Now, I always say that you can't beat a bit of Rush. I prefer the pre-Power Windows stuff and here's my attempt at A Farewell to Kings.

100% is still up for grabs, so there are more points to be gained here.






Finally for today, there's the version of The Pink Panther Theme by Hi Standard. This is insane!

2 comments:

  1. It is funny, I am always looking for you and toddwohlrabe when I check high scores to see if I am doing well or if I need to work on a song more. You guys are my yardstick as well!.

    Emanhall

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete